Monday, April 30, 2007

As Strange As You Are

Awwww crap! Is it already almost May? And April has only 30 days? Since when?
It crossed my mind to do a very terse Sex Pistols "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated" post but that would be cheating, right? After all, the purpose I blog is to treat this as a repository for my memories, which will all be lost, eventually, like footprints in the sand, snowflakes on the sill, tears in the rain.






I started listening to this song again. I think this is best song from the album. Subl may or may not agree. I must have listened to this song at least 500 times, since 1998. Funny how it makes me remember stuff that was happening around then. Personal stuff, not public events.

Anyway, I see Mandy is going to be the Australian ambassador to Italy, land of Versace, Gucci, D&G, Prada etc... Milan fashion will never be the same again. I just hope I dont have to pay another $30000 for more language lessons. That woman amuses me.





Hmmm, this is harder than I thought. And to those vicious anonymous commenters leaving messages like "its almost that time of the month again for Chai...", it does NOT help! And your unique phrasing gives you away, you little witch!

I guess I am scraping the bottom of the barrel here but did you know my mum was a teacher at the primary school I went to? Anyway occasionally, the school held plays, some of which had female characters, which isnt a problem normally except it was an ALL BOYS school. And guess who managed to snag this prized role? I wonder if having to wear my sister's dress in front of the whole frigging school affected my personal development? We will never know.

Das is alles, I'm afraid.

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated? Hey, you got a song out of it. Not a whole song? Complain, complain, complain. Leave a comment/email regd this and I'll see what I can do.

Just trying this feature.

25 comments:

Rosanna said...

Chai Chai, you make me laugh. You really do.

Do you drink Chai Lattes? (I had to ask)

Chai said...

ros : Thank you for the affirmation. My life _is_ a joke.

Am not so sure regd the Chai. I guess I should. Just like I should go see a footie match, just once in my life. Just so I can tick it off.

obtuse-a said...

it depends on the frock, whether it suited your figure, and whether you accessorised well.

ChickyBabe said...

Me thinks Chai has a crush on Mandy... heh heh heh...

M said...

hahaha, loving your mum! Desperate times call for desperate measures. Every boys school needs a kid in a frock ;P

Chai said...

obtuse : it was the make-up which was the killer. The hours of application. I am still quite fond of mascara.

cb : hee hee indeed. *breaks into a Barry Manilow song*

m : I was 11 at the time. I sometimes wonder what's happened to the rest of the troupe.

Justine said...

"That woman amuses me." Me too! I love rock n roll, baby!

Thanks for telling us that school story. Golly me you poor thing. I went on a Scouts trip once. Not quite the same thing, I guess...

Justine said...

LOL, by the way!

Jay said...

You're funny this month.
Did somebody switch your meds?

Chai said...

Hiya Just, Scouts trip sounds like it could be traumatic! Boys in groups can be mean. I know this.

jay : Funny? Moi? Meds? I dont think I was ever sad in any of my entries. Manic, yes. Reflective, maybe. And I thought I was funny in all of them :-) Love the new avatar. Phoaarrrr.

sublime-ation said...

Is a great song, but my fave from that album would have to be Wrong. It's so ultimate 90s dance music.

Sassy said...

Yep...I've been cheated.

Chai said...

subl : Wrong!?! Wrong? Wrong! It's pretty good but I'd prob have it at #3 or 4.

sass : sorry dude :-)

emilie zoey baker said...

Were man-boobs involved? (i am referring to the dress part of the post, not the Amanda part of the post)

Cinema Minima said...

I went to the same school that my Mum worked at too! She learned to look the other way when she saw me waiting outside the Principals office.

Chai said...

ezb : typical! I was 11.

man at pub : chucklesome. I dont think mothers should be allowed to teach.

gigglewick said...

Chai,

Mums can teach, just not at your school.

Although if you choose to live in a small town, you can get a lot of

"are you related to Mrs X? Ha - she failed me"

* tough looking boy in pub clenches fists *

* GW runs away *

Chai said...

gw : There should be a support group.

Steph said...

The dress wearing thing...yup....explains a lot. :P

Nai said...

I take it from your pic that you've had a look at the website for the Project for the New American Century? Scary shit, no?

Chai said...

steph, but we've never met! How can you tell?

nai : I have. It's incredible what they've catalogued, so far.

Justine said...

"Boys in groups can be mean."
That's why blogging is good. I can face you all one at a time! :)

emilie zoey baker said...

eleven yer olds can have manboobs!

Sherriff said...

How did you make the song do that with the thing that presses play and then the song does the thing eh?

Chai said...

The mp3 thing I got from here.
So basically, I cut and pasted the 1 line javascript code to my blogger template, and whereever I have a URL to an mp3, it works out what it needs to do.

After you do this, obviously, you need a URL to some mp3. I use fileden, but could have used my own webspace (via my ISP).
Hope this made sense.