As the world turns, (+ other midday TV serial titles), check out my restaurant review.
Here are some non-sequitur bits milling around in my brain (cos there's lots of room there).
* The USA is pushing for US infrastructure to be made US owned only. Implications? I think most of the private electricity companies here are US owned.
* It's better for one to be part of the team in opposition than for the team to be in government but without said one.
* Oil spill in Alaska. Hmmm... maybe I shouldnt have driven in this morning. Didnt feel like riding in the rain and the trains are running on Sunday timetables.
* The Queen is in town. Hmmm, hmmmm and hmmmm again.
* Last week, I saw Jana Pittman when walking in from the train station (near the CAE). She had a half smile on her face but was avoiding eye contact with all. Which got me to thinking, if I wanted to keep a low profile, I shouldnt be wearing a flourescent yellow tracksuit in the city at 9 a.m. in the morning.
* I picked up the plane tickets for the kid and I to visit her grandparents in June. She is really excited. Mine is more a mixture of mild dread and extreme dread.
* I am at work on a public holiday. Which is not that bad as I'm taking Tuesday off instead, to look after the kid.
On a lighter note, check this out dude. My restaurant review. Granted, it was done hurriedly cos I wanted the blog to have a constant flow of 2 reviews a week and the well is dry.
This band is becoming more prominent in my playlist. I should try and find out why the unusual name. Having said that, Steely Dan's Peg is my current ear worm. I think it's the funky rhythm.
Finally, I am happy but I hope the rest of my life is not going to be like this (while maintaining or exceeding my level of happiness, of course).
Point of this post? None.